The Students' Stationery Store (SSS) is an enterprising student-beneficial establishment. This low cost venture provides students with attractive alternative to take care of their basic needs. The Dean, UVOCCE is the Ex-officio President of the Store. Mrs.A.Saranya, AP/Civil Engineering is acting as a Store-Coordinator. Mrs.M. Jeya, Office assistant are working together to operate the store. Purchasing and distribution of stationary study materials including internal assessment test note books and record note book for laboratory in a most affordable and margin free price for the benefit of student community.
The Students' Stationery Store (SSS) is an enterprising student-beneficial encouragement. This low cost venture provides students with attractive alternatives to take care of their basic needs. The Dean, UVOCCE is the Ex-officio President of the Store. One of the staff members is acting as a Store-Coordinator and another staff member is acting as a faculty in-charge. One junior assistant and one office assistant are working together to operate the store.
The “Students’ Stationary Store” in University VOC College of Engineering Thoothukudi started in the year 2010 to supply study related stationaries like books, note books, record note books at marginal cost to the benefit of students.
Guidelines for establishment of the store:
1. Dean of our College formed “Store committee” consisting of Two Faculty Members (one will act as Store Coordinator, another will act as Faculty In Charge), one Junior Assistant and One Office Assistant to operate the store without affecting their Regular Work.
2. The space for operating the store has been indentified and allotted by the Dean. Students' Stationery Store (SSS) is operating at Room No. G35.
3. A Separate bank account has to be opened as a joint account, operated jointly by the concerned Dean and Store Coordinator.
4. Requirements of stationary items, books, note books and education related equipments have to be identified for each department by obtaining a list of stationary requirements from the respective Head of the department.
5. Purchasing of the items will be taken care by the purchase section of the office as per the norms.
6. The selling price of the items (time to time) to the students will be fixed by the store committee in discussion with Purchase section taking into account that the sharing of discount/profit is in the ratio of 1:2, in which 1 is for store and 2 are for students.
7. Students can access the store by using “purchase card” available in the store for Rs.1000 by remitting the cash into store Account in Bank as a purchase deposit.
8. New purchase card may be obtained after full use of previous card remitting cash in the Bank. At the time of surrendering the card, the balance amount if any in the purchase card will be refunded in the form of cheque.
9. Students can procure the needed items from the store by using the purchase card only. There is no cash transaction in the store.
10. Store will function under the direct monitoring of the store coordinator and Dean of the College.
11. Sale of Unauthorized (Not procured by the Purchase section) items in the store are strictly prohibited.
12. Store will be operated during the lunch interval, tea break and after the class timings (4.30 PM to 5 PM).
13. The purchase card will stand expired at the day of student complete /discontinue his/her course. The balance amount in the card may be claimed within 7 working days from date of completion/discontinue of the course.